A dilution is a solution made by adding more solvent to a more concentrated solution stock solution which reduces the concentration of the solute an example of a dilute solution is tap water which is mostly water solvent with a small amount of dissolved minerals and gasses solutes. Making a solution in order to achieve the desired volume and concentration of a dilution solution a volumetric flask must be used use the following steps for diluting a stock solution. In this activity students use the virtual lab to create dilute solutions from a concentrated stock solution of acids or bases they must first calculate the correct volumes of concentrated acid solution and water to mix together to create the final solution next they prepare the solution using the appropriate glassware in this randomized problem each student is given a different solution
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.